Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year, a new attitude

Well, here's to an end to 2009 and a bright outlook for 2010! I've always liked even numbers better anyway.

I don't quite know why, but I feel like this year is going to be a better year for me. I feel optimistic about the odds of getting pregnant. I truly think the thyroid medication is helping me and so I'm hopeful that an out of whack thyroid was the cause of my irregular cycles. My husband has been so supportive lately and such a trooper in really putting forth effort to try to get pregnant. I know it can't be easy to make love to your wife for a specific purpose other than fun. I love him for sticking with me.

We go back to the doctor on the 20th. I'm hoping that at that time we'll either be pregnant or get confirmation that the thyroid was the problem and now it is just timing.

I struggled with the "Why not me?" question all last year, as you can probably tell from my older posts. But, this year, after a lot of praying the last few weeks and the beginning of this new year, I have a sense of calm and a re-assurance that God hasn't forgotten about us. I think our time is coming and I just have to trust that God will continue to help me remember that He has a plan.
(But don't be surprised if my attitude goes south from time to time if things don't start clicking. lol)

So, here's to a FANTASTIC 2010 for everyone! Keep the faith and always remember that even if we don't know it, God always has a plan. Just try your best to trust Him, no matter how hard it gets to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment